Top Travel Tech Accelerator Programs 2018
Travel Tech is a buzz word these days. Big players like Google and Amazon are focusing on Travel Tech and 2018 will be the year of acquisitions in travel tech. The importance of travel tech and innovation at the leading travel and startup conferences is getting more and more as well. We are for example participating next week at the Business Travel Show which historically brings business travel service providers together but since three years, the organizers have started to run the Disrupt Award which will be given to the most innovative travel tech company in the business travel space. We are among the 5 finalists and will be pitching before 7,500 industry experts next week. With the increased focus on travel tech, there are as well a number of support programs which are specifically focusing on this technology space. Today, we want to share our list of Top Travel Tech Accelerator Programs 2018.
TroopTravel’s Top Travel Tech Accelerator Programs 2018
- Hangar 51 – Intensive 10 weeks travel tech accelerator program to develop business and product. The program runs in Madrid and Barcelona and is supported by IAG. It’s third program will launch soon.
- Conector Travel Accelerator – Launched at FITUR about a month ago, is a new travel tech accelerator program in Spain. They are looking for startups at seed stage with a launched MVP and first metrics. It’s program will launch within the next 2 to 4 weeks.
- Travelport Labs – based in Denver, CO – US, helps early stage travel tech startups. The focus is to help rapidly establish product-market fit, develop a passionate user base, and drive product adoption.
- Plug&Play Travel & Hospitality – Plug and Play is one of the biggest startup accelerators in the world. They started its operation in 2012. Their travel and hospitality arm is looking at scalable ideas to join their three weeks acceleration programs.
- Starburst – Calls themselves the number 1 aerospace accelerator with 8 locations all over the world. They provide access to funding as well as connections to key players in the travel space.
- Avro Accelerator – Many airlines are running their own accelerator program. This is Qantas contribution to the travel tech space. They look at startups and scale-ups. The program is currently closed and should be re-open by mid-2018.
- Booking.com Booster – Booking.com, one of the biggest OTAs in the world, is looking at early-stage startups in sustainable tourism. They offer a three week program and weekend programs for to growth hack together with Booking.com experts.
- Airbus BizLab – An accelerator run by Airbus which is not limited to the aerospace domain. They look as well as satellite imagery services, artificial inteligence, data analytics and more.
- Intelak – This is Emirates and Dubai’s travel tech accelerator hub. They are looking for individuals with up to 5 team members with ideas focusing on anything from home to airport to the skies.
- Cockpit – An industry venture fund looking at supporting and investing in entrepreneurs with disruptive technologies in digital travel, aviation and aerospace. It is supported by Lufthansa and El AL.
- Amadeus for Startups – Amadeus for Startups is an industry-first program that supports startups with technology and expertise enabling them to tap into applications for travel reservations, and connect and serve customers effectively and efficiently.
- Virtuoso Incubator – Is a program connecting innovative technology to travel agencies and advisors which are part of the Virtuoso network.
- Propeller SNN – Ireland’s contribution to the travel tech space. They are looking for early-stage startups working on disruptive tech, innovative ideas with domain expertise and strong entrepreneur / innovator traits that are solving real problems in aviation, airline, travel tech and UAV.
- MIST – This is the Mekong region’s tourism and travel tech accelerator focusing on travel tech startups in Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam
- Marriott Test Bed – Run by the Marriott Hotel Group, it is a travel tech accelerator program trying to find cutting edge technologies that can transform hotel guest experience
This is our own list of travel tech accelerator programs. Do you feel we have missed one? Please let us know and we will add it to our list.