Top Startup Books
We have created our top startup books list which worked for us. These books come from recommendations of successful entrepreneurs and our own research. In addition, we have added resources which have been helpful for us in our entrepreneurial journey. E.g. How do you build an investors pitch? These books and tools have helped us from idea creation to participating at Websummit and beyond.
Top Startup Books List
We pay a lot of attention to the inspirational part of the building a startup. Why do you actually want to build a company? How can you inspire others? The following books are our Top Startup Books for Inspiration.
- The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich
- Jack: Straight from the Gut
- Multipliers: How the Best Leaders Make Everyone Smarter
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change
- Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
- Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap and Others Don’t
In addition, we strongly recommend the following video:
How to Start?
The following books have been very important and helpful from the beginning. They are a collection of practical tools which help you to get your thoughts organized, your business model validated and your spending low.
- Business Model Generation: A Handbook for Visionaries, Game Changers, and Challengers
- 1: The Startup Owner’s Manual: The Step-By-Step Guide for Building a Great Company
- Built to Last: Successful Habits of Visionary Companies (Harper Business Essentials)
- The Lean Startup: How Today’s Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses
- Find Your Why: A Practical Guide for Discovering Purpose for You and Your Team
The following resources have been helpful for us as well:
- Guy Kawasaki – 10 slides you need in your pitch – All you need to know on how to build your pitch deck
- The best startup pitch decks – A great collection pitch decks including the first Airbnb’s pitch deck
The following books are our top startup books for operational questions.
- Scaling Up: How a Few Companies Make It…and Why the Rest Don’t (Rockefeller Habits 2.0)
- Who – The Method for Hiring
- Simple Numbers, Straight Talk, Big Profits!: 4 Keys to Unlock Your Business Potential
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- The Innovator’s Dilemma: When New Technologies Cause Great Firms to Fail (Management of Innovation and Change)
- The Practice of Management
A key resource for our social marketing is the following book:
In addition, the following blog post has given us a lot of additional ideas:
- Building a startup in public – Great blog on how to build a startup with your community and bringing it to market.