Business Travel Case Study: 17 travelers from 13 locations. Where do we meet?
A real business travel case: A global organization wants to bring their global board and executive team together for an in-person meeting.
The challenge: there are 17 travelers from 13 different locations.
Nice to have: Ideally, somewhere in Africa where the organization has a subsidiary.
Task: Which is the best location to meet in Africa and globally?
How would you do this business travel analysis? Most probably you would start pre-selecting 2 or 3 locations and then you would start searching for average flight prices from each of the 13 starting locations to those pre-selected destinations. This will cost you a lot of time and depending on the size of your group may result in an impossible task. TroopTravel suggests locations based on your starting locations; no matter if your group has 3 starting locations, 13 or 300.
Without using TroopTravel, the organization suggested Nairobi / Kenya as the ideal meeting location.
After running this trip on TroopTravel, we found out that if you would bring them together to Cairo / Egypt, you can save up to 25% of the overall travel costs. Even Dar es Salam / Tanzania and Durban / South Africa are cheaper in terms of travel costs.
- Cairo / Egypt @ 12,516 EUR Total Group Travel Cost (-25%)
- Dar Es Salam / Tanzania @ 15,334 EUR Total Group Travel Cost (-8%)
- Durban / South Africa @ 16,295 EUR Total Group Travel Cost (-2%)
- Nairobi / Kenya @ 16,633 EUR Total Group Travel Cost
Without the limitation of focusing only at the African continent, the overall travel costs can be reduced by 56% if the meeting would take place in New York / US.
- New York, US @ 7,268 EUR Total Group Travel Cost (-56%)
- Washington, US @ 8,020 EUR Total Group Travel Cost (-52%)
- Los Angeles, US @ 8,498 EUR Total Group Travel Cost (-49%)
Cheapest non-US location is:
- Dublin, Ireland @ 9,638 EUR Total Group Travel Cost (-42%)
- Shanghai, China @ 10,250 EUR Total Group Travel Cost (-38%)
- Amsterdam, Netherlands @ 10,355 EUR Total Group Travel Cost (-38%)
Check out the TroopTravel Trip here
Download the full case study here:
Just leave your name and email and you will be provided a download link immediately.